Saturday 4 October 2008

The Weekend I Lost My Soap Virginity


I was a self confessed soap virgin (no, before you start thinking, I do use soap). I had never made soap before. But listening to fellow members discuss and share their experiences and seeing photos of their finished soap projects in the forum and the gallery made me very curious indeed. I wanted to feel a little bit of the magic so many others feel so often. Please keep in mind that these experiments took place a year ago...

I woke up yesterday morning and had it my mind that this weekend was the weekend that I going to loose my virginity and make soap. I set in my mind to do two types; Day one: melt and pour; Day Two: Cold Process.


Obviously much of the ingredients were to hand, except caustic soda and colouring. After asking one or two questions on the forum, I was told where to go for caustic soda (oh and I got a loaf tin while I was at it for the mould – although I was tempted to consume an entire tube of Pringles as a number of forum members do, for the mould of course). So follows my reports...

No comments: