Organic Virgin Cocoa Butter. In its unfiltered state, it has the look and aroma of rich chocolate. Filtered, it is smooth, rich and has the most wonderful creamy colour. It is different and you know it is different with just one look.
Imagine, a lip balm, cream, massage bar or soap containing all the richly antioxidant properties that come from the unique method of product.
Most often, cocoa butter is a by-product of confectionary, but organic virgin cocoa butter is pressed from the whole bean, retaining the maximum goodies.
Fresholi's unfiltered virgin cocoa butter does not contain any other material and the colour comes from the naturally ocurring cocoa solids from pressing and is sourced from organic plantations where a fair price is paid to farmers and the community and environment is respected.
Among the skin care benefits of cocoa butter, it is said to:- Have been used for centuries to help keep the skin soft and supple and has been called 'the ultimate moisturiser'.
- Excellent for use on very dry, dehydrated and chapped skin as it moisturises, soothes and protects.
- It is a natural source of vitamin E which has numerous skin benefits.
- Melts on skin contact and is absorbed slowly by the skin making it ideal in massage bases (especially when blended with essential oils), ointments, lip balms (chocolate taste without the calories - perfect!) etc...
- Contains tocopherols and polyphenols that have antioxidant properties to suppress free radicals soothe irritations.
- Cocoa butter is often added to suntan product as it can help to enhance the appearance of a suntan (although be aware that cocoa butter itself does not contain a SPF).
- Often recommended for skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis, not only for its moisturising properties but it also contains CMP (cocoa mass polyphenol) that inhibits the production of immuno globulin IgE, (which may exacerbate the symptoms of asthma and dermatitis).
- Helps to protect sensitive skin from external elements by providing a moisture-retaining barrier to the environment.
- Cocoa butter has a long tradition of being used by pregnant women to help prevent stretch marks as well as reduce their appearance.
- Recent researched has indicated the possible health benefits gained from eating chocolate but there has also been indications that massaging with cocoa butter may help to relieve stress and boost the immune system and could help to prevent cancer.
For more on Organic, Virgin Cocoa Butter, please visit Fresholi...